Re: GNOME installation directory

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Mark R. Buechler wrote:

> The error messages I get I sent to the left a few emails back entitled
> "Extreme difficulty".

Hmm. Since you're using the unstable kernel with the old libc5, I would
wonder if there's a bug either in that combination or in your X setup or
in the combination of kernel/libc/X. But it's just a wild guess.

It looks like Gtk can't talk to the X server; can you run any kind of Gtk
app? (e.g. Gimp, or dia from Gnome CVS)

Do you definitely have the latest everything out of CVS, recompiled from
scratch and in order, with no old versions lying around?

I'm assuming you have the correct DISPLAY variable and permission to
connect to the X server.

Havoc