Re: Suggestion: notify when programs finish

>rh> I have a little suggestion for GNOME:
>
>rh> Completion notify
>

>[deleted]
>
>if make install then
>xmessage "make install finished"
>else
>xmessahe "make install aborted"
>fi
>
>or something along this lines. All you have to do is take the sources
>for xmessage and rewrite it using Gtk and Gnome :-)

The problem with this solution and others suggested is that you have to
remember to ask for notification when you invoke the process. What I would
like, and what I believe the original poster was talking about, is a way to
ask for notification after the process has begun. Also, a way to do this for
processes started from the GUI is needed. And it should be a nice graphical
way like dragging something from the appropriate window onto a sleeping
"gnowait" (name parallels the bash builtin) applet on the panel.