Re: GnomeAnimator widget

On 22 Sep 1998, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As I announced a few mails ago, I have made a first attempt at a
> `GnomeAnimator' widget.  I sent the widget to Federico for a comment,
> and he asked me to send the API to the list, to see what people
> think.
>
> The widget allows any application to load a sequence of frames and
> have them played automagically in the GTK event loop, without further
> intervention.  Every frame is defined by the following parameters:

I know this will sound funny, but it would also be useful to make it so
the animation *does* require intervention. That way it can be timed to the
progress of some sort of processing, like the Netscape "N" animation by
inserting "step" calls each time around some loop.

Or is there a better way to do this sort of thing?

Tim