Re: word processor document format: what parts?

On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Olof Oberg wrote:

> I have followed some of the suggestions here and I am a little
> disappointed. Why should we make a Word clone? Isn't improvement
> one of the things GNOME is about too (see ORBit for example)?

1) I am not programming a word clone, I am designing a word clone.  It's
a thought experiment.  Bob is not designed to ever see the light of day,
but rather to flesh out how one could do a GNOME Word clone.  (Well, I
do want to see some CORBA interfaces designed, which could be used.)

2) I would like to see a GNOME Word clone, and The Bob Project is designed
to make that more possible.  If you don't like it, then don't use it.
If you don't like the fact that other people's tastes might differ from
yours, then you have issues that you need to work through, as we say in
the States.  8^)

Still the Reigning World Champion of GNU Vaporware,

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net