word processor document format: what parts?

What parts should there be to the GNOME word processor's native document
format?  By this, I mean parts other than normal text.  Also, markup
with bold, italic, font settings, justification, I do not consider here.
Here's an initial list

foot/end/margin notes
embedded illustrations (as opposed to linked docs)
page breaks
linked docs (e.g., (File="/tmp/spread.gnm", type="application/gnumeric")
references (i.e., "See section 4.3, page 48" itn he final document)
hyperlinks
index marks
header/footer

header and footer bring up another point, which is macros for
	- page number
	- total page numbers
	- section
	- chapter
	- current date

For the purposes of easier discussion, I have begun referring to the as-yet
hypothetical GNOME word processor as Bob.  So the question is, what elements
should exist in Bob documents?

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net