Re: Gnome FAQ:Cut & Paste

>What I would do is leave the menu interface as is, where Cut/Copy/Paste
>always defaults to the most recent item in the clipboard.  If the user
>needs something older, then provide a single standardized clipboard
>dialog that allows them to browse & select old entries.  That way, we
>only add a single menu item, and will end up with better control over
>the clipboard interface.

Interesting. I suppose normal keybindings will use that last (default) buffer.
And just by adding something like ctrl+c+1 (or whatever user chooses) to
copy to buffer #1 (the default, ie). This way you have ten fast buffers
(more, if needed, via menus only or dialog).
I think Emacs something in this line (kill ring?).

GSR