Re: xpm vs. png

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> wrote:

>> I know xpm must be used when including in source, but it would be
>> nice to save some space when xpm is not really needed. Do we
>> have (or need) an 'official' policy towards this?
>
>We should be switching to a better format.  I am all for changing the
>files to png.  Can you do this?

Sure, I can do this. First I can make a brief dedicated mail on the lists
to announce the plan to convert to PNG most non-source included image files.

Give the developers a chance to do it themselves (maybe a week ?), then
send private mails to the authors that have not converted requesting
permission to do so myself (hope the AUTHORS files are up to date).

Thoughts?
John
--
John Ellis <johne@bellatlantic.net>