Re: Gnome FAQ:Cut & Paste

In a previous letter J. Patrick Narkinsky [patrick@narkinsky.ml.org] wrote:

> Cut 'n Paste is already there.  Select the text you want to copy, then go
> to another window and press the -middle- mouse button.  If you have a two
> button mouse, you may have to press both buttons or you may not be able
> cut and paste.
>
> The middle button will paste the data from the clipboard to the window
you
> are in.
>
>On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Liss Svanberg wrote:
> > Does there exist any kind of 'clipboard' for baboon objects, that is,
will it be possible to cut and paste baboon objects in GNOME?
> > (So far I've heard a lot about 'drag-and-drop', but nothing about 'cut
/ copy - paste.
> > So far, 'cut'n paste' is the only thing in windows that I really have
missed in unix.)

I  said: 'clipboard for baboon objects' and not 'can I cut&paste ascii
text'...

Do you *see* the difference?

If I've got a clipboard for baboon objects, I am able to, say, paste a
picture/meory blob/html script (or why not, a generic ascii text) into say,
my harddrive as a file/the text in my editor/an opened picture/html script
ect. ect. ect.

With X-windows cut'n paste functionality, I am able to copy ascii text.

(If you actually meant that I am allready able to cut/copy and paste baboon
objects in the above mentioned manner, I really apologize for this rude
answer.)

mvh
// Liss
liss@ydab.se