mc icons (Miguel?) (was: Re: Icewm hacks for GNOME)

On Fri, Sep 11, 1998 at 09:22:32AM -0400, raster@redhat.com wrote:
> ->  Problem with shaped windows (last I tried gmc/E)
> ->    1) gmc - you really should be able to click onto a transparent section
> ->       of the root icon. This really should be fixed. Transparent text
> ->       is even worse.
>
> root icons are a gmc issue :) not a wm issue

how about putting gmc icons onto tiles, that would allow for

1) alpha channel icons
2) click anywhere on the icon
3) and better performance, since you'd be working with rectangular pixmaps
   you'd draw the icon onto the tile onlyonce (or maybe on each click like
   the panel does, actually the panel draws it more then neccessary)

George