Re: Question on MC

Hmm a few more questions.comments.. First thanks for the reply. ok.. now..

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > 1. Is there a way I can launch GMC for say WM so the desktop icons appear
> > but it doesnt open the initial file window.. As if I opened gmc and hit
> > close.. The icon would remain on the desktop.
>
> Yes.  Statr gmc with the --nowindows option.

It would be nice if the gmc --help would work to show this, Then I would
not have to bother you :)....or a gmc man .. (Which I might start..)

> > 2. Where is the mc.ext for gmc ?? I dont know where to go to set all of
> > the commands suxh as what Icon to display vs what file etc.
>
> Yes, it uses the same file that text mode gmc.

Not quite sure what you mean.. Where is this file..??? You are not talking
about the actuall mc.ext in /usr/local/lib/mc are you ?? Cause Ive tried
to edit this file and nothing appears to work ??

> Note that now that we have a nice metadata implementaito , we will use
> a nmore powerful method for setting the metadata infomraiton.

Like to know where and how ?? Docs ?? man (Yep I read those) doesnt
explain to well.

> > 3. Where is gmc's master file (like .ad) so I can tell it which program to
> > launch .. i.e rxvt instead of xterm etc.
>
> I do believe the terminal launching stuff for the terminal/open code
> is hardcoded into gmc: I will look into fixing this.
That would be great.. Not that I would put the AD file in the
X-app-defaults, but would at least use some of the expressions in my
.Xdefaults .. wouldnt that be nice.

> Cheers,
> Miguel.

Double Cheers,