LibGtop .. Question on Static

Interesting problem for me. If I compile libgtop with --disable-static it
fails on

src/daemon .. States libtool cannont find static library blah blah (Which
is located in ../../libs)..during the libtool link process.

If I then compile with static allowed (default=yes) it works fine without
a hitch. My libtool is 1.2 and I have even gone so far as to force all of
the ltmain.sh in the source to --disable-static. Without a doubt I fail at
/src/daemon

Just wanted to see if anyone else got this.

Alex G. Paoli