support for threads?

Greetings gnome hackers--

I'm hunting around for hints and examples using threads with glib, gtk,
and gnome-libs.

Are all of these libs thread-safe?

I've compiled gtk with --with-threads, and -lpthreads shows up in
GTK_LIBS.  Does anything else have to be done, such as compiling the
core libs with _REENTRANT, in order to support threads in a GNOME app?

My own case should be easier than most; all the UI stuff stays in the
main process, while worker threads handle network connections and such.
Communication between the UI and child threads involves two pipes and a
few mutexes.  I don't think the General Proxy Kit is required for this
level of threading (?)

Thanks,

	Jeff