Re: gnome-core bombs mightily

Reklaw <adam@localhost.localdomain> writes:

> Look, I'll be first to admit that I have an ego the size of Texas. But
> the fact remains that you are missing the macros directory or that it
> is not finding it. The most common reason for this is using update
> instead of checkout. There have been a rash of people doing this lately.

But that wasn't the problem. That turned out to be a diversion. The
real problem (as you'll see in the list) was that gnome-core suddenly
demanded esd (or at least esd.m4) to be present or aclocal would fail.

> I don't like this new "flame-for-help" trend.

Perhaps. But when it appears that there is an elite on the list that just
ignores people with problems, it doesn't make for good relations,
either. As it turned out, once I did get just a wee bit of help, I had
enough info to diagnose the problem -- which was a real problem, not
one I had created.

> Did you nuke it recently? Did you try deleteing the whole thing and
> using checkout. Maybe you just need to rm your config.cache and .deps

As I'd said, I'd done just that and it hadn't helped.

I just checked out pharmacy. Like it. Is there any chance you can
enable it to read .cvspass for passwords?

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@willinet.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org