gtk question from a gtk lamer

I am trying to add a preview to the "Preferences" dialogue in same-gnome.
I've added the drawing_area to the Preferences widget, and now it is
time to add a callback for whenever the option_menu is changed.  For the
life of me, however, I can't seem to figure out what signals an option_menu
emits.  I've even looked in the source code for the option_menu, and I
don't see any signal_emit's!  I tried to look at the file_selection widget,
because it seems to perform action when the directory menu is changed,
but I can't for the life of me figure out how it happens.

Now, I realize that this is because I'm just dumb and don't understand
GTK, but I really want to have a preview in same-gnome, so someone please
help me here.  Just a short note pointing me in the right direction would
probably be enough.  TIA!

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net