Control Center

I don't have any of the xscreensaver set installed.

I decided (just for kicks I guess) to see what the control centre would
think of this.

It came up with the normal xscreensaver stuff in it, but when I clicked on
ant, it locked up my window manager (twm) and gnome.  I could still move
the mouse, but I couldn't change focus, click on anything, or anything
like that.

I didn't catch the errors on the console that time, but I tried it again.
This time twm didn't lock up, but control-centre did (gnome panel still
worked).  I got this at the console:

Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
Destroy Notify
remove 0x2400059
Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigpipe caught
arc profiling: Can't open output file /root/esound/esdlib.da.
arc profiling: Can't open output file /root/esound/audio.da.

(I don't have a soundcard, btw...  I just compiled esound so stuff
wouldn't bitch at me when I tried to compile gnome)

Anyway, obviously this isn't something that is of great importance to me,
since I don't use screensavers (else I would have compiled them) but I
thought the control-centre people might like to know.

Spauldo

"Yeah, I used to be into necrophelia, bestiality and sadism, but then I
realized I was just flogging a dead horse."