Gnothello needs artists!

Greeting all!

By liberally borrowing code from same-gnome, the CVS version of
gnothello now has the ability to load different tile sets.  This
option can be found under the Animation menu.  Unfortunately, all of
my artistic talent was completely used up making the original
ray-traced graphics, so there's still only one tile set to choose
from.:)

What this means is, here's an incredible chance for some of you
artistic types to contribute!  I'm looking for some interesting,
creative, spiffy tile sets to include with the gnothello distribution.
One idea I had (but am completely inept at trying to implement) was
two tiles that morph between each other.  Don't be limited by the idea
of "flipping"!

You should be able to figure out how to make a tile set by looking at
the included flip.png.  Each tile is 60x60, and there are 32 tiles.
The tiles are stored in a 480 by 240 png file, progressing right to
left, top to bottom in 4 rows of 8 tiles.  The upper left tile is the
blank square, and the remaining 31 are the animation from black to
white.

Black and White are a convention of the game.  You shouldn't feel that
you have to make black and white tiles, but since the game will
continue to refer to the "Black" and "White" players, you should at
least try to have dark and light tiles.

Tile sets should be sent to me (Ian Peters, ipeters@acm.org), so I can
include them in the CVS repository.  The tiles will have to be
released under the GPL to be included in the game distribution.
Anyone interested can contact me if they need further information.

Ian Peters
ipeters@acm.org