RE: Gnome FAQ:Cut & Paste (fwd)

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Liss Svanberg wrote:

> Well, I think that's all. I hope someone cares.

I care!  I seem to recall some discussion concerning matching of MIME
types to make an intelligent clipboard, much as the mac does.  The idea is
that every object in the clipboard is MIME typed.  When you paste into a
receiver, you query the receiver to see what MIME types he will accept.
If there are multiple or no matches, then you do something innovative
(like prompt the user), but oftentimes there is a one-to-one match,
in which case you know which of your multiple objects to throw to your
receiver.

Is your code in CVS?  Do you have a CVS account?  Where can we look at
it?

Is anyone else working on this?  I will ask around at the Showcase this
afternoon and see if I can find some more info.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net