Re: Compiling ORBit is fun, isn't it?

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Todd Larason wrote:

> On 981021, Elliot Lee wrote:
> > >why do the tests require static linking - can't we make them work with
> > >shared libraries as well?
> >
> > They will use previously installed shared libraries instead of the
> > newly-compiled shared libraries, if you link dynamically.
>
> Isn't this what the libtool 'execute' mode is for.  Does it not work
> on some systems?

The rpath specified by libtool at --link time overrides the stuff that
libtool tries to do at --execute time to get the program to use the
uninstalled versions.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg