Re: gtk+ vs. Solaris 2.5.1: assuptions about keysyms and cursors

+-----
| Previously, Brandon S. Allbery (allbery@ece.cmu.edu) said:
|
| > gdk generates gdkkeymaps.h and gdkcursors.h from the system ones.
| > gtk+ then assumes that the generated file includes X11R6 symbols.
| > Solaris 2.x includes X11R5.  (Installing X11R6 is NOT an option.)
|
| Hmm. I haven't had this problem under 2.6. I thought 2.6 came with X11R6.
+--->8

Solaris 2.5.1 certainly does not have the keysyms in question, and is R5.
I thought a few other folks here were building GNOME on 2.5.1.

I was certain that 2.6 was X11R5 (mainly due to missing X symbols when
trying to port something from Linux --- but I was in a hurry at the time)
but I see libICE.so.6, so it must be R6.  That would explain why we're
stuck on 2.5.1 with stock OpenWindows (buggy commercial programs ---
anyone know of an open-source replacement for Cadence? :-)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu