Re: (showing my ignorance) Is this copyright considered okay?

"Brandon S. Allbery" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu> writes:
> I'm trying to modify audiofile so it will work on systems that don't have
> the bit-width types (int8_t et alia) in <sys/types.h>.  This involved taking
> some chunks from another package and wedging them into audiofile.

Wouldn't it be simpler to include `glib.h' and typedef using the
appropriate gint*?

	typedef guint8 u_int8_t;
	typedef guint16 u_int16_t;

&c.  Of course, this could cause `audiofile' to depend on `glib'.  I
have checked in another "fix" that uses "unsigned char/short/int" for
`u_int{8,16,32}_t' when these are missing (as detected by `configure').

> Now the problem --- there's a program that determines the appropriate native
> types to use for various bit types and writes out the header file.  But this
> program has a BSD/X11-ish copyright on it:

1. I'm not sure we need this program.  We can, at the least, duplicate
   the gint* stuff from glib.h

2. The BSD-style copyright is not (L)GPL friendly

- Hari