Re: CORBA interface to gnome calendar

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  Ok, please do.  Oh yeah, one other thing, do you know off hand, if we can
> >  add a record id field to vCal.  The reason I ask is because it is going
> >  to be a royal pain to map pilot records to gncal ones without it.  Would
> >  you be against having a separate file format, other than vCal for gncal
> >  if this isn't possible?  It would basically be vCal with record id's.
>
> Each vCalendar object has a unique ID.  Currently Gnomecal is not
> generating them correctly; I have to fix that.
>
> I am not sure if those IDs would serve for the Pilot stuff, but they
> should :-)
>
>   Federico

Those ID's will work just fine.  I can have the conduit set up a mapping
of pilot ids to gncal ids.  The ids just need to stay the same across runs
of gncal, of course.

Manish Vachharajani               Some Haiku: A crash reduces
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>                   your expensive computer
                                              to a simple stone - Unknown