Re: BOB: GNOME Word Processor Efforts

> When I saw a seminar being given by Richard Stallman last month, he said a
> statement similar to this (heavily paraphrased):
>
>       "It would be a shame if people had to choose between either a
>    powerful editor, or a WYSIWYG word processor, when GNU emacs could be
>    extended to be both."

In my opinion, Richad Stallman has been pretty off the mark lately (even
anti-linux). I wouldn't accept the word of any one indivdual as the
"best idea" just because he is the GNU founder. Making emacs into a
WYSIWYG wp would create the biggest most bloated peice of crap since
Windows NT. I don't know about you, but I (and I hope GNOME) live by the
UNIX k.i.s.s. rule... Keep It Small and Simple. Apps taylored to do a
specific job in general do ALOT better than the app that tries to be
everything.

Greg Hayes