Re: Gnome MC vs mc - new paradigm required?

Alex,

   You have indeed pointed out the reasons I do not want to make the
GNOME version of Midnight Commander follow the same format used by the
text edition: first of all keeping track of a shell is kind of gross
and there is no easy way to handle this.

   So I have completely dropped the CLI from the GNOME version.

> But if you train your xterm to accept dragged
> files as typing in list of filenames - will it solve the problem? Or maybe
> this is field where CORBA in someway may be applied.

   Our terminal does indeed accept file names from DND.

Miguel.