Re: Gnome mailinglist / digest mode

Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com> writes:

> > Unfortunately, there isn't anything in the header of the mails,
> > which can be used to define a mail filter or rule to move this mails
> > to another folder ...
>
> Sure there is.   Check out the To: header!
>
> To the mailing list administrators: _please_ don't pollute the subject
> line with extra junk!   The gtk-list subject line pollution makes the
> list _much_ harder to read efficiently.

Agreed. I use Procmail and it filters this out just fine w/:

:0:
* ^TO_gnome
$INCOMING/gnome.spool

However, if the list is polluted w/ subject line identifiers, the best
way to handle it is to use Gnus and use the remove-list-identifiers as
in:

(setq nnmail-list-identifiers
      '("flexfax: " "\\[s-x86\\] " "AW: " "     " "mysql: " "\\[WM\\] "))
(add-hook 'nnmail-prepare-incoming-header-hook
	  'nnmail-remove-list-identifiers)

I now _never_ have any identifiers on any mailing lists I'm
on. Thankfully :)

--
Chris D. Halverson                         Complete Internet Solutions
PGP mail accepted, finger for public key   http://www.CompleteIS.com/~cdh/