Re: Gnome mailinglist / digest mode

Ted Lemon wrote:

> > Unfortunately, there isn't anything in the header of the mails,
> > which can be used to define a mail filter or rule to move this mails
> > to another folder ...
>
> Sure there is.   Check out the To: header!
>
> To the mailing list administrators: _please_ don't pollute the subject
> line with extra junk!   The gtk-list subject line pollution makes the
> list _much_ harder to read efficiently.

You know, it seems to me that this sort of thing could be set on a
per-subscriber basis. On pretty much every list I've been on there has
been a lengthy debate over whether there should or should not be a tag
in the subject line. The correct answer for anything religious like this
is to allow both.

Tim Moore