Re: Making prerequisites easy

In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.9810141728310.17464-100000@lacrosse.redhat.com>, Elli
ot Lee writes:
+-----
| would benefit GNOME as a whole. An example I can give right now is the
| audiofile library (a library that loads various audio file formats), which
| Tom Tromey suggested to use for loading sound effects and other useful
| sound-related functionality.
+--->8

I'd be happier about audiofile if it didn't fall over on most of my sound
files.  (It can't handle Sun .au format --- it rejects u-law encoding --- and
seems to screw up some of my .wav files.  But I'm a sound luser... all I know
about it is what I've been able to trick sox into telling me.)

I've been more worried about figuring out prerequisites for compiling GNOME...
which is a superset of the runtime prerequisites question.  It would help a
lot if there were some straightforward way to determine the prerequisites of
any given GNOME package.