Re: egcs-optimized GNOME -- WOW!

>From what I've heard and read from the egcs docs.. egcs is supposed to
have a possible speedup in compiling over gcc, thats one reason why its
being worked on (just what I read)...

I dont think the 3 step sounds bad, compile a compiler with yours, compile
the stage 1 with the first, then compile the installable compiler with the
stage1 compiler.. gets it really close to your machine I think...

I've been recompiling gnome with the list of flags sent out.. for those of
you who havent tried it.. it rox, and those of you who havent tried gimp
w/ optimizations like that, it flies.  YMMV

sar