Re: Geometry

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Alex G. Paoli wrote:

> This is a general question:
>
> I use Window Maker and would like to know how to set up geometry settings
> for gnome apps. They open in all sorts of wierd positions (only a few seem
> top remeber where they last were).
>
> I know the standard of .Xdefaults etc. If you could point me in the right
> direction.

It depends on whether or not the app has put session management to use.
Most haven't.  If they haven't it's pretty much at the coders discression
where it opens and at what size.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
www.elpaso.net/~spoon/personal

        Author, ModIC:           www.elpaso.net/~spoon/modic
       CoMaintainer, yagIRC:     www.elpaso.net/~spoon/yagirc
      Staff Writer, Advocate:   www.elpaso.net/~spoon/advocate

Suspicious.-- To admit a belief merely because it is a custom - but that
means to be dishonest, cowardly, lazy! - And so could dishonesty,
cowardice and laziness be the preconditions for morality?

  from Nietzsche's Daybreak,s. 101, R.J. Hollingdale transl.