I have an imlib autogen.sh problems

Hi Folks....

I admit I am a bit new so if this is a case of RTFM just do tell where.
I want to try Gnome, and I got as far as compiling imlib off the cvs
tree. However, imlib is acting up quite a bit. I must admit I have
absolutely no idea what to do, so any help would be appreciated....

Here is what happens:

bartmosspc:/usr/cvs/imlib # ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
automake: configure.in: required file "./install-sh" not found;
installing
automake: configure.in: required file "./mkinstalldirs" not found;
installing
automake: configure.in: required file "./missing" not found; installing
utils/Makefile.am:89: variable `GTK_LIBS' not defined
utils/Makefile.am:89: variable `GTK_LIBS' not defined
automake: Makefile.am: required file "./INSTALL" not found; installing
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
./configure: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL: command not found
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
./configure: line 976: syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_PATH_GTK(1.0.0,'
./configure: line 976: `AM_PATH_GTK(1.0.0, '

Now type 'make' to compile imlib.

All these errors can't be a good thing, right?

Best wishes,
Nils

--
http://privat.schlund.de/bartmoss/