Re: 3d today instead of when MS wants to go...

On  7 Oct, Hibbard M. Engler wrote:
<snip-o-la>

> Thats it for my counter-arguments.  But really, people need more than
> "better windows" to drop Microsoft.

Miscosoft is already working on something, I think they call it
"chrome". It uses the thing that they are working on with
SGI, the next step in DirectX (kalediscope?). Fact or FUD, I don't know.

You may also want to look at the Berlin project.

My opinion: 3d interfaces are unless with the hardware commonly found
on most computers. A 3d interface with common PC hardware would offer
few advantages over 2d --  and effectivly lock out not only low-end
users but also power users who like to compile 3 programs at once, play
gnome-stones, and browse the web and the same time.

--
Reklaw - I code therefore I need gin and sprite.