GTop 0.29 snapshot release

After some weeks of hard work, we now have a new version of GTop (0.29)
in CVS - I just merged the GTOP_MDI_BRANCH into the main trunk.

This means people just checking out the 'gtop' module from CVS will now get
all the nice features I added during the last weeks:

	* it uses the GnomeMDI interface - this means you can for instance
	drag one of the notebook pages and drop it on the root window ...

	* has improved session management (little bit still TODO here).

	* has improved properties handling, you can change many things in
	the properties dialog.

	* has taken nearly a complete rewrite during the last weeks to make
	it easier to add new things or to re-use code in future -
	for instance:

	> Using GtkWidgets whenever possible (so you can put them into a
	  library and use them somewhere else)

	> Removed most of the static variables to make functions reentrant.

	> Compiles without warnings (at least it *should* do so ...)

	> Using `GTopPropertyHooks' - you can use this as an example for
	  other applications, too.

I'm going to release GTop 0.30 and LibGTop 0.30 if all bugs are fixed - so
feel free to test it and tell me what you think. If there're any features
you want to have added (also in LibGTop), please let me know.

However, to give more people the chance to test it I just made a snapshot
release (0.29) - see the REAMDE file below.

Martin.

[This is ftp://ftp.home-of-linux.org/pub/gnome/SRPMS/README]

This is GTop 0.29,

a pre-release of GTop 0.30 which will be made after all bugs are fixed
and a new release of LibGTop is made.

You can get the sources from CVS (there is no tag for it, just checkout
the 'gtop' module, it will remain stable until 0.30 is released) or
download them from my site:

	ftp://ftp.home-of-linux.org/pub/gnome/SRPMS/

You need the following packages to get it compile:

	glib-1.1.3-SNAP.src.rpm		(GLIB_1_1_3_MARTIN)
	gtk+-1.1.2-SNAP.src.rpm		(GTK_1_1_2_MARTIN)
	gnome-libs-0.30-SNAP.src.rpm	(GNOME_0_30_MARTIN)
	libgtop-0.26.2-SNAP.src.rpm	(latest from CVS)

And - of cause - GTop itself:

	gtop-0.29-SNAP.src.rpm		(latest from CVS)

This snapshot of GTop does *not* work with the "normal" GNOME 0.30
packages, you need to use the ones distributed here.

You can use all the other tarballs and SRPMS from GNOME 0.30 if you
rebuild them, binary RPMS will not work.

Martin <martin@home-of-linux.org>

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/