Re: gnome-guile

Olaf Conradi <oc@dds.nl> writes:
> I don't know anything about Makefiles and configure scripts (they all
> seem like a big mess to me :), but I can give you the output of it.
> I just fetched a complete new cvs tree, and still got the same msg.
> Gnome-guile compiled without errors when I replaced the symlink with a
> copy of it's target.
>
> This is the output of
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome --with-gtk-prefix=/opt/gnome
>
>   [snip]
> creating guile-gnome/Makefile
> creating macros/Makefile
> creating config.h
> configuring in guile-gtk
> running /bin/sh ./configure  --enable-maintainer-mode
> --enable-compile-warnings
> --prefix=/opt/gnome --with-gtk-prefix=/opt/gnome
> --cache-file=.././config.cache
> --srcdir=.
> ./configure: ./config.log: Permission denied
> configure: error: ./configure failed for guile-gtk
>
> This is the created symlink:
> gnome-guile/guile-gtk/config.log -> /usr/share/libtool/config.log

You have a bad `libtool' setup.  For some reason, `config.log' got into
/usr/share/libtool, and it shouldn't, of course, be there.  `libtoolize'
is not very clever in this regard, it creates symlinks to every file in
/usr/share/libtool.

Remove /usr/share/libtool/config.log, and any symlinks to it.

- Hari