Re: Windows and DLLs

That is not quite true.  With hard links, you can have two names for the
same file, residing in different directories.

Both names just point to the inode number, so there is no way to find the
other name for the file without searching the whole file system for files
with the same inode.

Of course, you don't have this particular problem with soft (symbolic)
links, where you can get the name of the original file easily.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/