Re: Please help! Background, key, mouse properties don't work (also, menu editing)

Just to clarify on my own message: I am running gnome-control-panel
version 0.30, not the earlier desktop package.  And it still doesn't
work.  I've read all the docs I can find regarding this subject to no
avail, and I've tripled checked the package configurations.  It's sad,
but I need a background JPG!  Can anyone help me!?

many thanks,
Preston