gmc idea

  Maybe gmc does this already, but I think it would be helpful for new
users if gmc would display a brief description of the standard UNIX
directories somewhere while viewing them.  That is, instead of just
"/etc", it might say "/etc (configuration files)" although I guess that
the location of the description would have to be worked out, maybe
underneath the directory and indented?

  I think that probably having a graphical file browser isn't going to
do much good if people don't know what the directories mean, and I
remember that one of my problems when learning to use Linux (and UNIX
in general) was getting used to the UNIX directory structure.  I'm not
sure how elaborate this could be, but it seems like recognizing the most
common directories would be possible.

  Daniel

PGP signature