gnome problems - Segementation Fault

So, I've finally got all the little libraries together for gnome and
now it hits we with this "segementaion fault" error when I attempt to
run it.  I've never really understood the whole segementation fault
bit, as it has happened it me with programs before.

to recap what has happened so far:
installed all the suse gnome rpms from the link off of gnome.org.
missing libgmodule, I downloaded that as a source and compiled,
installed and pointed gnome at where those libraries had been slapped
down.  now it gives me this error.

It anyone knows what the deal is, I'm open to the help.

if you need more info, just tell me

thanks,

mark watson