Re: Anon CVS lag

sopwith@redhat.com (Elliot Lee) writes:

> Yup, that's what is meant by "parallel update".
> I don't think there's a real problem with people firing off parallel updates
> as long as they stagger them conscienciously. More of an issue than CPU load
> is the fact that a large number of simultaneous connections will make inetd
> thing the service is looping, and connections will start getting refused for
> a while :-)

Surely it's better for load distribution, as long as people use the
"anoncvs.gimp.org" round robin address and ensure no more than (# of
CVS servers) are running concurrently?

---
Sam Vilain, sam@whoever.com         work: sam.vilain@unisys.com
http://www.hydro.gen.nz                home: sam@hydro.gen.nz