Using gnome-libs code with interpreters

Hello,

I was just looking through the gnome-libs code, and found a few places
where things could be improved for interpreters without altering the
interface for C programs.

I am willing to fix the problems, but is it best to email the fixes to the
respective authors, or just commit the changes?

Anyway, here are a few of the problems I have found:

In the GnomeCanvasItem descendents, they register the various stipple
arguments as GTK_TYPE_BOXED, when it should be GTK_TYPE_GDK_WINDOW.
Without this change, it is impossible to set the stipple from language
bindings.

The other main one is that where GdkImlibImages and GnomeCanvasPoints
structures are used, they are given the type GTK_TYPE_POINTER.  This is
an other thing that can't be wrapped without heaps of special cases.

I think these types should be defined as boxed types.  To do this, it
would be necessary to change gnometypes.c a bit to handle registration of
boxed types, and add the types to gnome-boxed.defs.  Then it would be
possible to use the correct type code in other parts of gnome-libs.

Can anyone see any problems with these proposed changes?

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/