Re: Task list for gnome-libs-1.0

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Martin Baulig wrote:

> gnome-dialog: OK. [...] Provide a way to add buttons with icons that
> are not stock buttons.
> <<<<
>
> Good idea - perhaps I can do this, I also need this for GTop.

I'll throw out more TODO since the list isn't in CVS:

If you work on it, another missing feature is the ability to create a
dialog with no buttons at all. Basically if there are no buttons the
separator shouldn't be shown.

Also, gnome_dialog_run and friends should connect to "destroy" on the
dialog, and if the dialog is destroyed during the run not perform any
further operations on it. Right now it uses broken heuristics to try and
guess whether the dialog got destroyed.

If we don't mind some breakage, run_and_hide and run_and_destroy should be
mushed into a single run_and_close, the current way is broken.
I still consider all the _run functions besides gnome_dialog_run to be
pointless bloat, but this would at least help.

Havoc