Re: `program_invocation_name' bug =?=> `gnomelib_init' API change

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Elliot Lee wrote:

> On 22 Nov 1998, Raja R Harinath wrote:
>
> > > The first parameter to 'gnomelib_init' should be the app ID ("gnumeric",
> > > "test-gnome", whatever) instead of being the basename(executable_name). So it
> > > probably needs to be a string constant...
> >
> > That's right.  What I meant is to add one more parameter to
> > `gnomelib_init', so that we could call it with
> >
> > 	gnomelib_init(app_id, app_version, argv[0]);
>
> OK, I'm missing something then :) Why can't we use "app_id" instead of
> "program_invocation_name"?

I agree. If "program_invocation_name" is not set, I think we can really
use "app_id" instead - perhaps convert it to lowercase letters first.

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/