Re: cvs server

<son@wharton.upenn.edu> writes:

> I apologize if this is off topic but I was wondering how the cvs server is
> setup.  I download the cvs package from sunsite.unc.edu and compiled it
> but the only binaries that resulted was the cvs client. Is the cvs server
> in a seperate package from the cvs client?

Very off-topic :)  I may as well answer your question as I tell you to
go away:

in /etc/services
cvspserver   2401/tcp

in /etc/inetd.conf (or similar)
cvspserver stream tcp nowait cvs /usr/local/bin/cvs cvs -b /usr/local/bin pserver
re-init inetd.

Create your repository with
cvs -d /path/to/cvs/repository init

The GNU info pages are an excellent source of information on this - if
you are running on reasonably recent distribution, from emacs, use M-x
"info" (or C-h, i), then "g", "(cvs)Repository".  Failing that,
http://www.cyclic.com is the primary CVS home page.

---
Sam Vilain, sam@whoever.com         work: sam.vilain@unisys.com
http://www.hydro.gen.nz                home: sam@hydro.gen.nz