Re: Compiling from CVS - gtk+ problems

I figured out one peoblem I was having... (my face is red from it)

I had previously installed the RPM for gnome.  Thought I had removed it all
(nasty going through rpm since it always spits dependencies back at you:).  I
had /usr/lib/glib-config found in the path before /usr/gnome/lib/glib-config.
Hopefully it will work now.  Need to put /usr/gnome/bin on the path ahead of
everything else.  (The prev. glib-config locations might be in ../bin/)

Anyway, just so we know where to look first next time.

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Thomas Jerome Muldowney wrote:
>When you ran autogen.sh without any arguments it defaulted to installing
>the files into the /usr/local/lib directory.  If you want them to go into
>the /usr/gnome/lib directory add --prefix=/usr/gnome after the
>./autogen.sh.  Also be sure to run /sbin/ldconfig after each section of
>tthe install.  If you are still having problems try the mailing list again,
>or myself and other people are usually in #gnome on EFNet IRC.
>
>--Thomas Muldowney
>Fighting Texas Aggie Class of '02
>
>On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Jim Smith wrote:
>
>> I went ahead and got the gnome-CVS tree via `cvs co -P gnome.'  I compiled and
>> installed glib with `./autogen.sh && make && make install.'  When I do
>> `./autogen.sh' in gtk+, it wants glib >= 1.1.4 which it can't find.  I don't
>> have any environment variables set for libraries.  My ld.so.conf is as follows:
>> /usr/gnome/lib
>> /usr/i486-linuxaout/lib
>> /usr/X11R6/lib
>> /usr/local/lib
>> /usr/lib
>> /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
>> /opt/kde/lib
>>
>> but nothing is in /usr/gnome/lib.
>>
>> I'm working on a couple of projects.  I'm wanting to finish one by
>> mid-December, so I need these libraries and the gnome app libraries.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Jim Smith            | Email: j-smith@physics.tamu.edu
Texas A&M University | http://people.physics.tamu.edu/jsmith/
Dept. of Physics     | Phone: (409) 845-1379