Re: resignations, flamewars, and the future

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, MATTHEW ETTUS wrote:

> If the only reason you worked on GNOME was that KDE had bad licensing,
> you were working on it for the wrong reason.
>
> The KDE news is good...  It allows the success of Linux NOW.  It gives
> us (finally) a 1990's class desktop.
>
> GNOME allows continued success -- It advances technology, rather than
> catches us up.  It will be the desktop for the next century.
>
> The KDE news is good for GNOME... now GNOME can take its time and get it
> right, rather than getting it first.
>
> Thanks to all gnome core people for your work.  You are changing the
> world.

    I also want to say thanks to gnome people.

    Mattew, I can't agree more with EVERY sentence of yours.

    I'm not a developer of any party. I'm just a graduate student and a
watcher. I have some interest in tool building. From my point of view,
GNOME will be the first choice of my driving engine if I'm trying to build
a desktop tool kit. Anyway, no one is expecting GNOME to be the next
desktop monopoly. So let's do it in the right way not the monopoly way.

    Thanks again gnome people we really appreciate your work.

    Haibing Ma

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is
not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily
angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but
rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,
always perseveres."

Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
Campus Box 425
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0425
e-mail:mah@Colorado.EDU