Re: Qt becomes Free Software

Andy Tai wrote:

> This may be of interest.   Troll Tech just announced that the next version of
> Qt will become free software, under a "QPL" license.

Unfortunately, it's equivalent to the GPL (in general), not the LGPL.
Maybe I don't understand how Qt works, but I assume users can have
dynamic linking with their libraries.  If you read section 6 of their
license, you see that any program linking with Qt must be open sourced.
There goes any commercial support, which IMHO would be nice.

Section 5 says we can run the non-open source programs, we just can't
develope them.  This is more restrictive than any GPL or LGPL.