docking things

actually, I've just started coding on a dock widget three days ago: it
consists of an abstract GnomeDock widget class which will be the base
for GnomeHDock and GnomeVDock widgets; their children are NOT restricted
to toolbars only. the former packs docked widgets in multiple rows and
the latter in multiple columns (ie, all rows have same width in a HDock
and all columns have same height in VDock). for now GnomeDock and
GnomeHDock are partially implemented now: you can add and remove docked
widgets to and from the HDock and you can undock them and drag them
around, but you can't dock them yet (I plan to add this tonight when I
get back home). I'm also thinking of devising a mechanism to allow
multiple dock widgets to share their children, enabling the user to make
any layout of the docking areas he desires.

the test program uses stdin to ask for the row and column where to
insert the child or the position of the child to remove.

if someone is interested the code can be found at
http://pluton.ijs.si/~jaka/gnome-dock.tar.gz. perhaps some of you people
can look into it and tell me what you think. if it's OK (I am especially
concerned about some GDK stuff that I'm not really familiar with), the
code could be put in the CVS, finished and stabilised before the freeze
and used with gnome-app. I'd especially like to hear from Ettore that
Tim mentioned in one of his recent posts: perhaps we could join efforts,
or simply choose the better implementation.

regards,
	jaKa

--
email: jaka.mocnik@kiss.uni-lj.si