Re: Could not autogen.sh

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> hmmm.  It's still not picking up the glib and automake macros.
>
> Did you install any packages into /usr/local, like GLib or automake
> maybe?

Well, I have autoconf, and automake under /usr (where they go when you
install the RPMs).  libtool is in /usr/local because I don't know which
RPM to install to get it and I prefer to keep everything under /usr
managed by RPM.  glib was built from current cvs sources and installed in
/usr/local just seconds ago.

> If so, try this
>
>         aclocal -I /usr/local/share
>         automake -a
>         autoconf
>         ./configure

Unfortunately, I still get:

[orme@optic gtk+]$ aclocal -I /usr/local/share
aclocal: configure.in: 178: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library

*********NEWS FLASH***********

The following command works!

[orme@optic gtk+]$ aclocal -I /usr/local/share/aclocal

Apparantly, glib installs its macros in /usr/local/share/aclocal by
default rather than /usr/local/share as expected by aclocal.

Is this bad behavior from aclocal (ie old version) or is it bad behavior
from the glib install script (ie buggy glib install)?

Regards,

Dave

--                 "Trying to get Windows to run on the hardware that
David Orme                  Linux typically [flys] on is like pushing
david@coconut-palm-software.com        an elephant through a keyhole"
http://www.coconut-palm-software.com           --Forbes Magazine