Re: zvt/gnome-utmp.c and WTMPX_FILE

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Dan Newcombe wrote:

> To: gnome-list@gnome.org
> Subject: zvt/gnome-utmp.c and WTMPX_FILE
> From: Dan Newcombe <Newcombe@mordor.clayton.edu>
>
> I was compiling gnome-libs out of CVS (from this morning) and it dies on
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Later than about 3:00 GMT ?

> AC_TRY_COMPILE(
> [#include <utmpx.h>
> int main() { int i=WTMPX_FILE; return 0; }],
>         has_wtmpx=yes,
>         has_wtmpx=no)
>         AC_MSG_RESULT($has_wtmpx)
>         if test "$has_wtmpx" = yes; then
>                 AC_DEFINE(HAVE_UTMPX_H)
>         fi
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS( pty.h libutil.h)

Since WTMPX_FILE is a preprocesser #define it is not necessary to check
for it in configure in - we can do this directly in the source code.

This should work for FreeBSD and Linux - how do one get the pathname of
the wtmp and the utmp files on HPUX ?

#ifndef WTMP_FILENAME
#    ifdef WTMP_FILE
#        define WTMP_FILENAME WTMP_FILE
#    elif defined _PATH_WTMP /* FreeBSD */
#        define WTMP_FILENAME _PATH_WTMP
#    else
#        define WTMP_FILENAME "/etc/wtmp"
#    endif
#endif

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/