enlightenment dependencies

Hi everybody,
I compiled gnome and enlightenment for linux (debian) from CVS.
I'm deeply impressed in spite of the few problems I had to cmpile and the
remaining problems that are the reason for this mail.

Enlightenment seem to require baboon and gnome-perl.
The latter seems needed for configuration, while I don't have the first idea
what the former is (but enlightenment complains about "FOCUS YOU BABOON").

I've been unable to compile neither baboon nor gnome-perl.

Baboon seems to want libgnorba local (but it's downloaded empty (yes, i use checkout)).
Since it's already installed I changed the Makefiels to look for "-lgnorba".
Baboon seems also to need libvfs installed (missing "vfs.h") but I've not been able
to compile it. To the best of my understanding i'ts a piece of mc (I installed mc) that
has been detached, but it doesen't seem able to live alone.

I've not been able to divine how to explain to gnome-perl that I keep the gnome stuff
in /opt/GNOME and *not* in /usr/local (This doesn't seem covered in FAQ-4.4.4).

Any pointer?
TiA.
Mauro

Best Regards