Re: vcal, gnomecal and untimed events

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 bagfors@hpc2n.umu.se wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Does anyone know how/if vcard supports untimed events?  I have been reading
> the document of the vcal-format and I cannot find anything about this.
> Netscape calendar seams to use "CATEGORIES:SPECIAL OCCASION" to mark a "day
> event" and "CATEGORIES:MISCELLANEOUS" to mark a "daily note" (as far as I can
> see when doing a small test anyway)
>
> I am working on a pilot to vcal program and I am using gnomecal as my calendar
> when doing this.  I use a lot of untimed events on my pilot and I don't know
> how to do it to make it look good in gnomecal.  At the moment I just puts it
> in time 00:00-00:30 so that it will be in the "top" of the day.  That's what
> looks most like the pilot :).

If the event has no time at all, put the time format as YYYYMMDDT000000
for DTSTART.  If the event has some time attached to it, but doesn't
physically occupy any time, simply put the DTSTART in the correct format,
but no DTEND.

The Categories are arbitrary.

This is my reading of the specification at least.

---
  Preston Brown
  Red Hat Software, Inc.
  pbrown@redhat.com