Need help in starting gnome !

Hi,

I would really like to get gnome running on my home machine. I have
installed gnome 0.30 at work on Redhat 5.1 using the binary rpms. It works.
The same setup at home has caused a lot of headaches.When atempting to run
gnome-session, it appears to want to start gmc, and not finding it, it
fails. Installing the latest gmc rpms I could find made it worse as it
needed gtk 1.1.1 libraries.

I do not need to run gmc, and I don't even have the gmc rpm installed on my
working gnome machine. So what is the other machine doing when I run
gnome-session ? Is there some sort of start up file which is being read ? I
would like to have gmc working, but I can live without it.

Help !!! I would like to start hacking my gnome app, which means working at
home !

/Lukas Knutsson